Noise Festival

By | 02:36 1 comment

Hello there! Having a good week? I've been busy buying and looking for Christmas gifts and I wrote a little article about internet shopping over on my other blog oh lovely things.

Anyhoo I've been taking part with Noise Festival which is an arts charity based in Manchester providing funding and creative opportunities for new artists. These were the folks who organised and joined up with Wayne Hemingway to set up Kiosk Kiosk, a pop-up shop which was based in London Bridge. It was totally free for artists and designers to sell their work, all you had to do was turn up early to set up it and be nice to people (mainly tourists and business peeps!) I was part of it back in 2009 and it was a great experience to have my own stall for a few weeks and to sell as much stuff as possible. The London one was a trial based event and judging from the Kiosk website they're rolling it out in other parts of the country, again fantastic to see something like this happening. I hope more people know about what a great job Noise Festival do. 
I also sold some of my products at the Noise Lab pop up shop and the space was also used to host exhibitions, work shops and other events. 




They wrote up a little feature on the November Newsletter about my work, yeessss!

I made some original postcards for the Secret Santa Fundraiser giveaway and you can see who else is taking part by going here. And Jon Burgerman and Carol Anne Duffy is on the list!!! Woooo.


Newer Post Older Post Home

1 comment: